The IBEW’s construction wireman/construction electrician program offers experienced electrical helpers and electricians the opportunity to become part of the union without having to begin at the “bottom” as a first year apprentice.
To apply for IBEW 1316’s CW/CE Program you must provide the following documentation:
- Five years or more of experience in the electrical construction field (verifiable through check stubs, W-2s, or from a printout from the Social Security Administration)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Social Security Card/or equivalent documentation of legal work status
After you have gathered the above information, bring ALL of the required documentation to: 1046 Patterson Street, Macon, Georgia 31204.
- You will be required to pay $23.00 for a urinalysis administered by Macon Occupational Medicine.
- After passing your drug test you will be given a written exam to assess your electrical knowledge and based on that score you may be scheduled for a hands-on evaluation.
- After you have completed the required assessments, you will be given your rank.